History of Command Control

Discuss news and reunions from the Mercenary Missileer News pages.

History of Command Control

Postby notlaw99 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:32 pm

National Security Archive released new Briefing Book on the History of Command Control It contains only two PDF files Both are Excessive Large files and I would not recommend viewing them on a wireless device because of excessive down load time but both files are very interesting.

Link Access: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nukevault/ebb403/
490 SMS June 1970 - June 1974
HQ SAC Command Control War Plans Computer Division - System Supervisors [We were the analyst of the SACCS]
DOD Contractor DRC Database Designer F-15 & F-16 Consolidated Data System and designed the F-117 initial database
notlaw99
3 RVs
3 RVs

Re: History of Command Control

Postby hockey85 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:39 am

Notlaw99,

It isn't said often, but THANK YOU for finding information like this and everything else you have posted here. It is all very interesting to read and provides insight into history and provides answers to why we do some things we do today from lessons learned in the past. I am a history buff and love reading stuff like this.

With all the budget cuts and lack of priority given to base historians today (there is only one historian (if the position is filled) on base nowadays... there are no longer historians in each squadron), I wonder how much of what we do today in the Air Force, and more specifically the nuclear business is being recorded so future generations can look back and read the declassified history, like the stuff you post here. It's sad to think that history isn't being recorded today and therefore we may be doomed to repeat our mistakes in the future.
PAX ORBIS PER ARMA AERIA
hockey85
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to News and Reunions