Missileer Creed

Post your missile poems, songs and other musings here.

Missileer Creed

Postby hockey85 on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:40 pm

I figure some people will get a kick out of this... I found it written in one to the capsules, but don't remember which one.

MISSILEER CREED

This is my missile. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My missile is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My missile, without me is useless. Without my missile, I am useless. I must launch my missile true. I must retarget my missile faster than my enemy who is trying to kill me and my family. I must nuke him before he nukes me. I will. My missile and I know that what counts in war is not the number of sorties we launch, the noise of the launcher closure door blowing open, nor the exhaust plumes from the nozzles. We know it is the RV's on target that count. We will hit. My missile is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its MGS, and its Launch Facility. I will ever guard it against the raveges of weather and damage. I will keep my missile on alert and ready, even as I am on alert and ready. We will become a part of each other. We will. Before God I swear this creed. My missile and I are defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.
PAX ORBIS PER ARMA AERIA
hockey85
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to The Missile Muse