MM On Alert

Post your missile poems, songs and other musings here.

MM On Alert

Postby powderiver on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Here's a musing...with 3 day alerts and the wonderful AF internet provided topside at the MAF - I can be on the forum while I'm on alert. Interesting thought for those of you who sat downstairs before us...
powderiver
2 RVs
2 RVs

Re: MM On Alert

Postby Crewdog on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:03 pm

Internet would have sure made time pass faster back in the day and made homework easier. However, since the internet didn't exist back then we had no idea what we were missing. As it was the three channels we got from repeaters in the thriving metropolis of Wheatland WY had to do for the stellar entertainment package SAC provided us. One Christmas I got an (don't laugh) Atari console that I would sneak out on alert. I can't tell you how many times I single handedly saved the Earth from Missile Attack and Alien Invaders. But my deputy got so freaked out by me playing Missile Attack that I stopped taking the Atari on alert. Seems he thought the Atari console and the MCG would somehow communicate through the TV, create SKYNET and launch the missiles...so it was back to Little House on the Prairie for us.
400 SMS - FEW 78 - 82
71 TMS - Florennes 85 - 86
Crewdog
3 RVs
3 RVs

Postby DaneTrain on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:32 pm

powderiver wrote:Here's a musing...with 3 day alerts and the wonderful AF internet provided topside at the MAF - I can be on the forum while I'm on alert. Interesting thought for those of you who sat downstairs before us...

GREAT NEWS! Since I'll (mostl likel) be on alret / a missileer soon, I'll enjoy that.

BTW: i'm just about an hour south of you in Loveland, CO.
Proud of my all 200+ (And counting) alerts.
DaneTrain
3 RVs
3 RVs

Postby powderiver on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:14 pm

DaneTrain wrote:
powderiver wrote:Here's a musing...with 3 day alerts and the wonderful AF internet provided topside at the MAF - I can be on the forum while I'm on alert. Interesting thought for those of you who sat downstairs before us...

GREAT NEWS! Since I'll (mostl likel) be on alret / a missileer soon, I'll enjoy that.

BTW: i'm just about an hour south of you in Loveland, CO.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "great" news...It's still Air Force Internet, so if there's anything fun you want to do online, 90% is blocked.

You must go to CSU/UNC? I graduated from Wyoming in 06 and made it back here in May 07...on alert for 6 months now.
powderiver
2 RVs
2 RVs

Return to The Missile Muse