Reagan Minuteman Missile Site opening

For general discussion with your fellow Minuteman III crewdogs, maintainers and cops. Currently based at Minot AFB, ND, Malmstrom AFB, MT, and F. E. Warren AFB, WY. Formerly based at Grand Forks AFB, ND. Operational from 17 Apr 1970 to present. Share your stories and meet up with an old friend.

Reagan Minuteman Missile Site opening

Postby banjodog on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:27 am

The Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile Site is opening 7/13/09 at Oscar 0 outside of Grand Forks (also includes N-33 LF):

http://www.history.nd.gov/historicsites/minutemanmissile/index.html
341 SMW '87-'94
EMT shop '91-'94 (ILCS)
banjodog
3 RVs
3 RVs

Re: Reagan Minuteman Missile Site opening

Postby bedbug on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:14 am

I was at this site about a year age, I think it was under control of the Badlands Nat. Park service.

It was a very informitave tour only mistake I told them about was they had T-II included with Atlas and T-I as having an hour loading time before launch.

I gave them this and the T-II Muz web sights for info.

The Nat Pk web is http://www.nps.gov/mimi nice info and a short movie.

After being their I realize that our T-II kitchen was bigger than your hole underground area.
bedbug
3 RVs
3 RVs

Postby J Davis on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:40 pm

bedbug wrote:I was at this site about a year age, I think it was under control of the Badlands Nat. Park service.

It was a very informitave tour only mistake I told them about was they had T-II included with Atlas and T-I as having an hour loading time before launch.

I gave them this and the T-II Muz web sights for info.

The Nat Pk web is http://www.nps.gov/mimi nice info and a short movie.

After being their I realize that our T-II kitchen was bigger than your hole underground area.

The Reagan facilities are located near Cooperstown ND. O-00 is located just north of Cooperstown right off of Hwy 45. LF N-33 is just east of Cooperstown on Hwy 200. The site(s) Bedbug mentions are near Rapid City SD off of I-90.

I was part of the crew removing components out of O-00 for dismantlement. I wish the historical society moved quicker, we could have left the MAF/LCC/LCEB in as near operational configuration as possible thus eliminating a lot of work for them.
Grand Forks 1986-2000
321 OMMS-- EMT
321 SMW-- Team Training / Job Control / QA
447 MS-- EMT Scheduler (446/447/448)
321 MXS-- EMT Scheduler / Site Supervision
791 MXS-- QRM / Production / Mnx Supervision
Fairchild 2000-2005
2 BW / 2SS-- SWM / QA
J Davis
2 RVs
2 RVs

Postby bedbug on Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:52 pm

J D Thanks for the corection.

I'll have to look that one up this fall.

Is their any antigue places close? :lol: You know! one military site for me one antique shop
the the wife. :lol: and all are happy.
MFT crew 43
570th SMS D-M 1963 to 66
2 T-II launches down test range.
bedbug
3 RVs
3 RVs

Return to Minuteman III