Minot – An EMTer’s Chronicle

For general discussion with your fellow Minuteman III crewdogs, maintainers and cops. Currently based at Minot AFB, ND, Malmstrom AFB, MT, and F. E. Warren AFB, WY. Formerly based at Grand Forks AFB, ND. Operational from 17 Apr 1970 to present. Share your stories and meet up with an old friend.

Re: Minot – An EMTer’s Chronicle

Postby Buggsy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:25 am

Interesting musings. Really take me back. And yes, things really WERE that way. When you rolled out the gate, you were on your own. That, to me, was one of the attractions of the job. Independence to a degree. SSgt Tom, we had to know each other. I was there from Feb 71 to Oct 72 and was part of the CTT team on both of those GT launches at Vandyland. I remember Graves. Col (then Lt Col) Mattson was the task force commander for that trip and Jim Huey was the QA guy assigned to the trip as well. I bailed on Minuteman in October of 72 when I cross trained into SRAM (AGM-69A), where I worked until retirement in 91.
Buggsy

Re: Minot – An EMTer’s Chronicle

Postby SSgt Tom on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Buggsy,

I don’t get in here very often. I just read your post. I’m glad you enjoyed the memoir! One name that comes to mind is Mike F.? from New Philadelphia Ohio, a former roommate at tech school who went to CTT and cross-trained to SRAM about that time. I think another one who may have cross-trained to SRAM around that time may have been Dan R’s roommate from the Lancaster PA area? I could dig up my GT orders.

I was in Bend, Oregon on business 1 1/2 years ago, nice.
Tom B. former SAC Team Chief
Parka pocket items – crescent wrench, flashlight, ear plugs, black USGov pens, LF ladder bolts, screwdrivers, gloves, rag.
Minot 91st SMW
91st MIMS-EMT Sept. 1971 - Nov. 1974
Glory Trips 14 GM & 15 GM - April to June 1972
SSgt Tom
2 RVs
2 RVs

Previous

Return to Minuteman III