Minuteman flags

For general discussion with your fellow Minuteman III crewdogs, maintainers and cops. Currently based at Minot AFB, ND, Malmstrom AFB, MT, and F. E. Warren AFB, WY. Formerly based at Grand Forks AFB, ND. Operational from 17 Apr 1970 to present. Share your stories and meet up with an old friend.

Minuteman flags

Postby Beverrlly on Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:09 am

I'm a brand new missilleer at Minot and a lot of people have small lawn flags with the minuteman on them. I would really like one of these but I haven't been able to find them anywhere! Anyone have any information on these? Thanks so much!
Beverrlly

Postby Dav on Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:13 pm

You happen to know the old OSS/DO's crew commander from whiteman by chance?
Dav
2 RVs
2 RVs

Postby Dav on Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:17 am

Just wondering. Lt Col Johnson was a ROTC detachment commander at my old det right after I left. The 91OSS/DO is my DO. He's a great guy. We'll be sorry to see him go this summer
If you kill one, it is a tragedy...kill ten million? It is a statistic"
Dav
2 RVs
2 RVs

Postby claw on Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Having left minot about a year ago, I can tell you that those signs were all hand-made by the OSC. They don't sell them anywhere.
Looks like you'll have to make one. Hope this helps.
rvc
claw

Re: Minuteman flags

Postby TDRSS on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:16 pm

We had a couple of them sold in the 741st by the booster club (2001-2006) - don't know where they got them.

Just hope that a (un)lucky deputy got the job to come up with sales Ideas for the Booster club - someone will mention the flags, and they'll get them sold once again.

The 742d did blankets for a while, and I'm not sure what the 740 sold to the masses to buy their scooby snacks...

If you have some friends OUT of the missile field (i.e. Korea), see if you can put in an order. I can guarantee that they'll be done quicker there than the domestically produced version.

Cheers,
TDRSS

Nuclear Alert Tally
------------------------------------
Number of Alerts - 320
Number of Misdemeanors - 350
Number of Felonies - 3
Arrests - None
TDRSS
2 RVs
2 RVs

Return to Minuteman III