Wing I and Wing VI, 1991-1998 era

For general discussion with your fellow Minuteman III crewdogs, maintainers and cops. Currently based at Minot AFB, ND, Malmstrom AFB, MT, and F. E. Warren AFB, WY. Formerly based at Grand Forks AFB, ND. Operational from 17 Apr 1970 to present. Share your stories and meet up with an old friend.

Wing I and Wing VI, 1991-1998 era

Postby Weapons Loader on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:20 am

After getting rid of its Minuteman IIs, when did Wing I become operational with its first Minuteman IIIs, and was this concurrent with the REACT mod, or were the first flights operational with the original Minuteman II-style console?

I understand Squadron 20 operations continued, as it was equipped with Minuteman III, and exempt from the September 1991 alert stand-down.

When was Wing I finally full-up with 150 Minuteman III? I think I saw a video on YouTube about the 10MS which mentioned June 1998 was when the last G-model was gained, but it wasn't clear if that was just for that squadron, or the entire wing.

Wing VI began deactivation in October 1995, and the last G-model was pulled in June 1998, so when was the last Wing VI SIOP alert?

Thanks in advance.
Anthony Spencer, (M)Sgt, USAF
23 AMXS / 74 Aircraft Maintenance Unit
Moody AFB, GA
Weapons Loader
2 RVs
2 RVs

Return to Minuteman III