Former BMAT Atlas E

For general discussion with your fellow Atlas E/F crewdogs, maintainers and cops. Formerly based at Altus AFB, OK, Dyess AFB, TX, Fairchild AFB, WA, Forbes AFB, KS, Lincoln AFB, NE, Plattsburgh AFB, NY, Schilling AFB, KS, Walker AFB, NM, and Vandenberg AFB, CA, F.E. Warren AFB, WY. On alert from 1 Sep 1959 to 12 Apr 1965. Share your stories and meet up with an old friend.

Former BMAT Atlas E

Postby BobOregon on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:18 pm

I was a maintenance crew chief on the Atlas E from 62-65. My crew worked at all the Atlas E sites and I remember well the smell of the stockyards. I will be going through Greeley sometime in September on my way to Florida from Portland OR for a visit to my son but I don't know if the date will coincide with the open house. If I can't make it happen I will at least drive by.
BobOregon

Re: Former BMAT Atlas E

Postby SAC Killer on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:49 am

Welcome to the Forum, Atlas guy! Travel safely and enjoy your trip!
490 SMS
321 SMW Maintenance
AFRPL
SAC Killer
5 RVs
5 RVs

Postby Atlas D MMT on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:24 am

Bob,

Just saw your post. The open House is Saturday September 14th 1300 to 1600 and all we have as tour guides are Atlas-D MMTs, MEMs & Launch Guidance . Can you help us? We need a Atlas-E- Missilier.
Where were you stationed?

As a guest we might also have some current members of the 90th Missile Wing at FE Warren.

Please contact me at AtlasD@comcast.net.

Jim]
Atlas D MMT
2 RVs
2 RVs

Postby Atlas D MMT on Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:14 pm

Bob,

Thanks for the call let me know when you arrive in Cheyenne maybe we can all meet up.

I will have a 389th Strategic Missile Wing patch at the open house for you.

Cheers,

Atlas D MMT
2 RVs
2 RVs

Postby BobOregon on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:34 am

I might also mention that I was at Johnston Island with the Thor in '70. At that time I was computer maintenance and part of the launch crew. I was there for 9 months on TDY from Vandenberg in CA. The shots were R&D. The target was the ocean near Kwajalien (sp).
BobOregon

Return to Atlas D/E/F