Combat colors forMMI

For general discussion with your fellow Minuteman I crewdogs, maintainers and cops. Formerly Based at Ellsworth AFB, SD, Malmstrom AFB, MT, Minot AFB, ND, Whiteman AFB, MO, F. E Warren AFB, WY. On alert frm 22 Oct 1962 to 27 Sep 1974. Share your stories and meet up with an old friend.

Combat colors forMMI

Postby ALites on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:17 pm

Does anybody have a color photo of the MM1 model B. What I have found on the internet shows A model and it is a test launch either Canaveral or Vandenburg and it shows vertical stripes. I think that those were for test purposes because later black and white photos do not show those stripes. I also would be interested in any photos showing rail shipment. Wish I had taken some but I am sure that security would have questioned and being in the LCC we did not have much of a chance to view the missiles. I am trying to model the MMI in 1/4 scale and want to get the colors right.
ALites

Re: Combat colors forMMI

Postby SAC Killer on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Check out my reply in the coffee house; and welcome to the Forum! Always nice to find another missileer! Please, share your stories!
490 SMS
321 SMW Maintenance
AFRPL
SAC Killer
5 RVs
5 RVs

Postby TerrorOfTucson on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:23 pm

What SAC Killer said. Peruse the old forums of interest to you, and add your stories/thoughts/questions, no matter how old the original posting. No telling what memories/stories/thoughts your posts will spark.

Bad Sam
Bad Sam
220 TII alerts under Arizona ('70-75)
107 (36s & 24s) MMM alerts under Missouri ('75-78)
TerrorOfTucson
5 RVs
5 RVs

Postby ALites on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:45 am

thanks for the welcome. This site has brought back at lot of memories. I pulled a number of alerts at the NPS Delta site between 69 and 71. I used my name hoping I might get back in touch with some of those who served at Ellsworth AFB during that time.
ALites

Return to Minuteman I