91St MSS Missile Cop

For general discussion with your fellow Minuteman I crewdogs, maintainers and cops. Formerly Based at Ellsworth AFB, SD, Malmstrom AFB, MT, Minot AFB, ND, Whiteman AFB, MO, F. E Warren AFB, WY. On alert frm 22 Oct 1962 to 27 Sep 1974. Share your stories and meet up with an old friend.

91St MSS Missile Cop

Postby DSCOBLUE on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:35 am

Hey Guys,

Steve (Blue) DuBose in the house. I was stationed on Minot from 1974-1978... I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had and the memories that will keep me laughing and smiling for the rest of my life... The Air Force was a different outfit back in the 70's... I'm sure a lot of you guys know what I am talking about. I was a 18 year Black kid straight out of DC... Headed to somewhere I only read about in my geography books. It was cold as hell but I had the best freaking time... It was almost like being back in the world as they used to say... It was the Disco era and I was the party king. I spent alot of time partying in Regina Canada... I was in Barracks 211... Let me throw out a few names... Mike Nunziato, Dennis Terrell, Kevin Murphy...TSgt. Steel from Alpha One LCF... Those were the days... I can smell those foil packs cooking... PEACE
DSCOBLUE

Re: 91St MSS Missile Cop

Postby Capt. Bill on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:49 am

DSCOBLUE wrote: The Air Force was a different outfit back in the 70's... I'm sure a lot of you guys know what I am talking about. Those were the days... I can smell those foil packs cooking... PEACE

It was a differenent time in the early 70s. There was the AF way to do things and the SAC way to do things, SAC even put their own version of AF manuals in the LCCs Fatigues were green not blue, summer time officers not on alert were in 1505 Kakais. I predate foil backs and remember having sergeants that loved to cook
MM I, DMCCC 741st, 742nd SMS Oct 69 - Oct 71 3 HQs and a Select Crew rating
MM III DMCCC, 742nd SMS Oct 71 - Feb 72
MM III MCCC, 742nd SMS Feb 72 - Aug 72
GT 07,08,09GM - Nov 1971 (key turned all three)
Capt. Bill
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby civex on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:46 am

DSCOBLUE wrote:Hey Guys,

Steve (Blue) >SNIP<
I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had and the memories that will keep me laughing and smiling for the rest of my life.
>SNIP<
I can smell those foil packs cooking... PEACE

Something else musta been cooking, Blue. :-> I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

I was on the crew force from late '69 through mid '73. If you're ever in the San Francisco Bay Area, let me know. I'll buy you a drink and we'll see if you jog my memory of anything fun.
civex

Postby SSgt Tom on Wed May 18, 2011 12:59 am

Hi Steve,

Perhaps this thread should be in Minuteman III. Anyhow I was at Minot from September 1971 to November 1974 in the 91st MIMS EMT shop.

The name Steel rings a bell. As I recall there was a _Sgt. August Steel in the Vehicle and Equipment Control Branch (VECB) when I was there. He was quite a character; probably the same person, who apparently became a Facility Manager.

If you haven't already read it, I have my AF story written up in the MM III Section entitled "Minot - An EMTer's Chronicle".
Tom B. former SAC Team Chief
Parka pocket items – crescent wrench, flashlight, ear plugs, black USGov pens, LF ladder bolts, screwdrivers, gloves, rag.
Minot 91st SMW
91st MIMS-EMT Sept. 1971 - Nov. 1974
Glory Trips 14 GM & 15 GM - April to June 1972
SSgt Tom
2 RVs
2 RVs

Return to Minuteman I