New silo sites

For general discussion with your fellow Titan I crewdogs, maintainers and cops. Formerly based at Beale AFB, CA, Ellsworth AFB, SD, Larson AFB, WA, Lowry AFB, CO, and Mt Home AFB, ID. On alert from 28 Feb 1962 to 1 Apr 1965. Share your stories and meet up with an old friend.

New silo sites

Postby rotor on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:25 pm

Evening all, just registered so go easy on me!!!! Have bee looking for a silo site that has early pics and locations of titan2 etc any idea, have done silo world which is good, cheers Rotor
rotor

Re: New silo sites

Postby Crewdog on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:10 pm

get in touch with njh621 in this forum. He's a Titan II buff, but may have some information on TItan I
400 SMS - FEW 78 - 82
71 TMS - Florennes 85 - 86
Crewdog
3 RVs
3 RVs

Re: New silo sites

Postby njh621 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:22 pm

While I'm not as knowledgeable with Titan I as I am with Titan II, I do know of a great site that has exactly what you are looking for.

http://www.chromehooves.net/Titan_Epitaph_main.htm

The site is styled in a way similar to siloworld, but focuses on a single Titan I site. The webmaster was a caretaker at this particular site and managed to capture it very well on film. He's done a great job tracking down original photos and piecing together a very detailed overview of a Titan I complex. He was also very lucky to discover about 5000 pages of Technical Order publications in the powerhouse. If you're looking for something along the lines of blueprints or the T.O. -1, it's under the downloads section on siloworld.

Now if you're looking for stuff related to Titan II, I can set you up there. If you PM me or put up a post under the Titan II section, I'd be more than happy to send over some of the photos and slides I have.
-Nick Halliday
Titan II Historian/
Electrical Engineer ("In training")
AAFM Member SA086
njh621
4 RVs
4 RVs

Return to Titan I