DM pictures

For general discussion with your fellow Titan II crewdogs, maintainers and cops. Formerly based at Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, Little Rock AFB, AR, and McConnell AFB, KS. On Alert from 31 Dec 1963 to 23 June 1987. Share your stories and meet up with an old friend.

DM pictures

Postby bedbug on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:31 am

Pictures I found in old duf. bag.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MFT crew 43
570th SMS D-M 1963 to 66
2 T-II launches down test range.
bedbug
3 RVs
3 RVs

Re: DM pictures

Postby TerrorOfTucson on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:38 pm

The library and the last building don't seem familiar. I'm pretty sure I never went to the library. Where was it?

And thanx for posting these!

(Did you know a MFT named Bill Farmer?)

Bad Sam
Bad Sam
220 TII alerts under Arizona ('70-75)
107 (36s & 24s) MMM alerts under Missouri ('75-78)
TerrorOfTucson
5 RVs
5 RVs

Re: DM pictures

Postby bedbug on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:22 am

You are asking a lot! I have not been on the base for 47 years. I seen to think the library was
close to the officers club and /or officers mess hall.

When I was their their was not much of a club for inlisted. I think it was an old WW-II wood
building. Just a place to drink and not much else. Most inlisted went to the coummity center ( the
last picture ) It was also for military families. Had a swimming pool, An eating area with good bergers
and fries. The rec area had 6 or 8 pool tables, ping/pong shuffle baoard and other games. The lounge
area had 4 or 5 small rooms that you could listen to music ( you know the 12 inch round disk ) and
even had type writer you could use. Their was a large dance floor and they usually had a live band
Friday and Saturday nights. There was a host club for the university girls. They had an ID to get on base
any time their was a band playing. The girls actually got university credits for dance or exersize class.
I meet my future wife at the square dance lessons on Thursday nights.

History. not my favorite subject.

I was an instructor in the 570th and worked with most MFT do not remember Bill.
MFT crew 43
570th SMS D-M 1963 to 66
2 T-II launches down test range.
bedbug
3 RVs
3 RVs

Return to Titan II