10 Signs That Russia Is Preparing to Fight a Nuclear War

For general discussion about almost anything missiles. Come on in, pull up a chair and let's talk about any missile related matters and missile news not covered in other forums.

10 Signs That Russia Is Preparing to Fight a Nuclear War

Postby Batman on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:34 pm

If the United States and Russia fought a nuclear war, who would win? You might be surprised by the answer. Under the Obama administration, the rapidly aging U.S. strategic nuclear arsenal has been shrinking. Meanwhile, the Russians have been developing an entirely new generation of bombers, submarines and missiles that have the capability of delivering an absolutely crippling first strike. At this point, most Americans consider a full-scale nuclear war to be inconceivable. But in Russia attitudes are completely different. To the Russians, the United States is enemy number one these days and the Russians are feverishly preparing for a potential military showdown. Of course the Russians don’t actually want to have to resort to nuclear war. Such an event would be an unspeakable horror for the entire globe. But if one does happen, the Russians want to make sure that they are the ones that come out on top.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/10-signs ... tes_112014
Bill
Retired IA Raconteur
44 MIMS - CTT 311 69-72
3362 IS (Stateside tour) 72-74
741 SMS HO-TEL Flight 74-77
Pentagon (5E413) - 9-11-01
Batman
3 RVs
3 RVs

Re: 10 Signs That Russia Is Preparing to Fight a Nuclear War

Postby MajorG1000 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Sorry, but based upon where the article was published, and the accompanying advertisments, I would have to say that this writer's opinion is nothing more than alarmist Horse Hockey. "Under the Obama administration..." WHOA! It has been rapidly aging since the Reagan administration, and shrinking since then too. The Weapon Systems this artilcle says the Russians are working on are still behind the US in technology by 20 years and are basically "catch-up" programs. It's the same alarmist BS as Obama taking away our guns...it ain't gonna happen. "...the Russians want to make sure that they are the ones that come out on top." Sure they are. They have been ststing that since we dropped the bomb on Hiroshima. No news there.
Go ahead, buy the 25 year survivalist food stores lockers and invest in an underground shelter with purified water if you like. Buy up all the weapons and assault vehicles you can anticipating the onset of Martial Law. Those advertisers are laughing all the way to the bank.
I agree that we have fallen behind in our modernization of our nuclear forces, but I still wouldn't second guess the readiness and the will of our servicemen and women to do their jobs. Nukes mean absolutely nothing without the ability and fortitude to use them against an "enemy" like Russia. We still have plenty of that. We haven't lost any of our National Determination, no matter who the President is, nor will we in the foreseeable future.
CDB-63 742 SMS DMCCC/MCCC 1980 - 1983
ACP Qualified 1983
91 DOTI Dual Qualified 1983 - 1984
91 SMW Staff 1985
4 ACCS/ALCS 1986
44 SMW/DCM Staff 1986-1988
321 Alerts/15 Standboard Evaluations
MajorG1000
4 RVs
4 RVs

Postby TerrorOfTucson on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:29 pm

You may be right, but Our Boy Vlad is not a nice guy or a friend of the US, and is a man with an eye to the main chance of getting Russia back to what it was when it was the USSR, and then to surpass that. You apparently take issue with the website; I can see why. Still, that does not guarantee that it's all wrong.
Bad Sam
220 TII alerts under Arizona ('70-75)
107 (36s & 24s) MMM alerts under Missouri ('75-78)
TerrorOfTucson
5 RVs
5 RVs

Postby MajorG1000 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:07 am

I agree with you on several counts. The writer may not be all wrong... but who is his audience? If he were explaining this to Congress or the DOD I might feel differently. I feel that he is catering to the uneducated and paranoid. One thing you are spot on about is that Vlad is not our friend. He has in his mind that he can be the most powerful man on the planet, and is figuring out ways to accomplish that. I think he is also smart enough to know he cannot do anything that will turn world opinion against him...he is attempting a difficult balancing act. One cannot be King if one destroys the kingdom.
I made a personal decision not to buy into fear mongering, Alarmist views, or the Chicken Littles who scream at the top of their lungs about an approaching catastrophe. This goes for Russia, Gun Control, Ebola, ISIS, The End Times or Global Warming, to name a few. I just don't want to waste the time. As I am not, at this late date going to run for public office, and have not been approached (yet) to be the new Secretary of Defense, my input remains the same as most of you; confined to periodic "tempest in a teapot" rants on here or with close friends.
I do applaud Batman for finding this article and bringing it to our attention so it may be discussed in these forums. If even some Americans believe we are weak enough to be over run by another country it bears discussing. I wish our Congress could do more of the stuff that we do in here, and less of the stuff THEY do out there.
ACP Qualified 1983
91 SMW Staff 1985
4 ACCS/ALCS 1986
MajorG1000
4 RVs
4 RVs

Postby MajorG1000 on Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:10 am

I almost forgot!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

That we are around to enjoy yet another Thanksgiving with our friends and family, is reason enough to give thanks.

Bob Groman
ACP Qualified 1983
91 SMW Staff 1985
4 ACCS/ALCS 1986
MajorG1000
4 RVs
4 RVs

Postby TerrorOfTucson on Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:52 pm

I second Bob's good wishes for today. 'Twas 36 years ago I had my first married T-Day dinner, on alert at Oscar-1, with the wife and the Dep's wife.
Bad Sam
220 TII alerts under Arizona ('70-75)
107 (36s & 24s) MMM alerts under Missouri ('75-78)
TerrorOfTucson
5 RVs
5 RVs

Postby MajorG1000 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:07 am

The Deputy was there too, right? Because if he wasn't, it opens up a huge can o' worms...
(Just kidding, of course...probably too much Turkey!)

This Thanksgiving is especially meaningful to me, and was just shared by my wife, myself and our daughter, Zoey. (I have another daughter from my first marriage who was just married on November 1st living in Philadelphia.) Two months ago, while having an MRI for back pain the Doctors discovered a mass on my wife's kidney about the size of a tangerine. It was cancer. Renal Cell cancer is very slow growing (though not as slow as prostate cancer) and will stay localized for a long period before metastasizing or spreading into other parts of the body. It rarely shows any symptoms before it has spread and is most often found while diagnosing something else. Last year at this time my wife was diagnosed with Uterus cancer and had a hysterectomy which removed all the cancer. Six years before that she found a lump in her breast, which too was cancer and opted to have a bi-lateral mastectomy. In both the Uterine and Breast Cancers we dodged a bullet, and when they found the mass on her kidney, I thought our luck had run out.
Two weeks ago my wife had surgery to remove the mass and her kidney, robotically. Ths meant it was not as invasive, and she would recover faster. When the results of the biopsy came back from the pathologist, it showed the cancer hadn't spread at all. She won't have to have chemo or radiation therapies, the surgery was the "cure". My wife is a Physician herself, and will actually be going back to work on December 1. How's THAT for modern medicine?
Anyhow, the point of this story, besides being thankful for the prognosis and "cure", is to point out two things: I am not an overly religious person, but I have never prayed as hard in my life as I have the past two months. I coped by telling friends what was going on and asking for their prayers and good thoughts.
The first thing is; Prayer and good thoughts never hurt a damn thing. If anything, my faith in humankind was strengthened through my friends and family who I asked to "help" through prayer and good thoughts.
The second thing is: Don't ignore the aches and pains of getting older, or if something doesn't feel right. It is much easier to treat something the earlier it is found. You may think that having regular check-ups and exams with your Doctor and Dentist are not needed and expensive, but it is much more expensive to treat a disease the longer you ignore it.
I know that this didn't have anything to do with Missiles, or the current thread. I certainly don't mean to turn this into a "Here's what I'm Thankful for" sympathy-fest, and I apologize if any of you who read this think that. I have had a pretty darn good life, and you guys have all been a part of it. I guess I am just pretty lucky, and pretty thankful for everything, which includes all of you.

Bob Groman
ACP Qualified 1983
91 SMW Staff 1985
4 ACCS/ALCS 1986
MajorG1000
4 RVs
4 RVs

Return to Missile Coffee House